Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today is my 5th Wedding Anniversary ....


My 5th Wedding Anniversary!!! Wow!!

There was a time in my life that I thought that I would be single for the rest of my life and then I met Robert. After our first telephone conversation he sent me a dozen white roses. It was by far the most romantic thing that had ever happened to me.

The story how we met is so wonderful and as the story continues it really tells how our relationship is strong and can withstand a enormous amounts of pressure. Robert is my best friend, my protector and hero. He is the man that I always dreamed of.

Our story-

I was a single mom working at a company in Mississippi and I had a great friend there. One day I came in fussing, yes sometimes I do that, about another terrible date. I was wondering if I would ever find "the one." Then my friend, who is now my mother in law, said she had a dream that I was dating her oldest son. So, I said cool (yes, you know that is what I said ha ha ha), give me his email address. She was more than happy, too. She also gave me his phone number. So, I emailed him and got nothing for 2 days then on the 3rd day I told her that if I hear nothing today, he was out of luck (he was out of town working, at the time I did not know). Well, really it was me that was in luck. He emailed me that day. We emailed a few times then talked on the phone. That started on Wed. then Friday he drove down from Raleigh and we spent the week together. The first night we met was like we had known each other forever. We were so comfortable with each other. It was so nice, he was so nice. I just kept thinking "WOW!" Then the day before he was set to leave we had lunch and we decided to get married the following week. I was set to fly out on Friday but when I go to the airport they had no plane! I was not happy. Robert, the kind and gentle man that he is, calmed me. I got a flight later that day and we married on that Monday, May 17th, 2004. It has not been perfect the entire time and I am sure that I am to blame for a lot of that but I am a much better person, wife, mom and friend for the tough times we have had. Robert and I are very different people but we are made for each other. As my mother in law says we are "yin and yang". I am sure as my mother in law reads this she is laughing, as she has her version of this story. Aline, I love you and thank you for one of the greatest gifts that I have ever gotten, Robert. I am proud to be a Selph!

No comments: