Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just Chit Chat....

Updates-

Well, we had our expat dinner and it was small but very nice. I am very excited about doing the next one. More people should be in town.

On a personal note-

Being 30....Boy, am I loving it. I never thought it would be this way. I am finding myself more and more each day. I am realizing just what it is that I like and love. I love the early mornings, music, dancing and my family. I also, realize with this new found life that I am getting the respect and attention that I so duly deserve. Before I never thought that I should get anything that was worth anything because, I did not think, I was worth anything, but now......I am worth more than anything (make sense ha ha). With this I am happier than ever and the people around me notice it. I even had someone tell me that they were jealous of ME because it seems that I love my life and they wished they had that. Can you believe that? I can't. I have waited all my life and now I have what I always wanted. God has truly blessed me.

Family updates-

My niece, ReAnn, is turning 17! I cried about that for a long time. I remember when she was born. She is such a wonderful girl and I love her more than she will ever know. ReAnn- Baby, I am proud of you and am always here for you no matter what. You can count on me!

Ben has another loose tooth! This one is on the top and he wants the dentist to pull it, like the others, because the dentist pulled teeth get more money from the tooth fairy. Get this, when he had his 2 bottom teeth pulled it cost me 200 rupees. That is less than $4. I know what you are thinking, but it was at a real dentist office, clean and yes he used a numbing injection.

My grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks ago and is undergoing chemo and radiation. My mom says he is sick and losing some of his hair from it. It is hard for me to really deal with this because he has been more of a dad to me than my own dad. I just thought that he was "untouchable" and could do nothing wrong, actually I still do (but do not tell grandma). I want to call him but when I try I just cry and then decide not to for the fear of upsetting him. Grandpa- we love you so much. Hang in there. We are praying for you each day.

No comments: