Monday, June 8, 2009

Some Cool Ahmedabad Finds....

When I find something that is cool in Ahmedabad I like to share it with my fellow readers and expats. It is always helpful to everyone. If you find anything cool please let me know so that we can all benefit. That is the wonderful thing about networking.

This is a site I found today. It is an online library. I enrolled and they are delivering my first books today. The best part is it is 149-/ (about $3) a month and the books seem to be all English and there is a nice selection. So, I ordered the Obama book and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen R Covey. Both I think wil be great books. I get 2 books at a time with a limit of 3 per month. I beleive that you can upgrade your account as well to get more. So, after I get the books and check out the full service library a few times I will let you know how it is.

A money saver-- At Hind Supermarket, above the Chocolate Room at Vijay Chasta Rasta, you can get 10 rolls of toliet paper for 260-/. And as you expats know toliet paper is an expensive thing here because we are one of the few that use it. The tp is not Quilted Northern but it is not too bad compared to the other brands that you get at the stores here. They also have No Bake Jello Cheesecakes!!! Yes, that is what I said!!

I am trying to reduce the amount of stuff I have so I decided to give ebay india a try. It has not taken off here the way it is in the US but they do allow you to use your US ebay name and credits. Best part is you can post an auction for as little as 10-/. So, I am hoping that my stuff sells but I am sure Robert hopes it sells more (he says I have too much crap).

I will keep you posted so stay tuned!!

Cheers,

Reasa

No comments: