Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some much postitive points about India

OMG!! I got food poisoning...

Oh my... I have not really got sick since I have been here but the good Doctor to me to have lunch and he got sick then I did. I thought I was going to die. Well, actually, I would have had to get better before I died. ha ha ha

I called the real doctor and he was at my house in about 15 mins and gave me a mean injection and a few hours later....almost as good as new. I felt much better.

Another thing happened that shows that India is not so bad...it is really kinda nice...

The other night (Saturday) we had another game night. My friend rode the "widow maker" to my house and on the way his bag, of cds and scotch, fell off. It had many other important things but as any Ahmedabad Expats knows these are the most important. Anyway, he was quite upset but it did not hurt our night as he had asked someone to go look for it. They did not find it, though. But the next day I get a delightful email that said:

"I got a text msg said, "hey, did you lose a bag?" and I thought how the hell did he know I lost my bag.

In my bag I had my scotch, my CD's, my phone cord, a towel, a change of pants and shirt in case I got wet and my notebook. The notebook had my friend's phone number from the other day when he offered to help me and I said I would call him the next morning. So guy from the society here had found my bag and looked through the notebook for any kind of contact, found my friend's number and called him,.

I sent someone to go and go it and EVERYTHING was there!

So anyway, it certainly made my day go much better. What a great country!"

That is two nice stories that, anywhere in the world, you do not hear very often. So, the next time you think of India think of the kind doctor that comes to your house and cares for you, with top notch service, and think of the honest citizen that returns your bag of invaulable cds and scotch. Thank you India!!!

No comments: