Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trying to lose weight....

Well, I have gained a bit of weight since being here and I am trying to lose it now. It is hard! In case you do not know I weighed 230lbs about 5 yrs ago and I lost 100 lbs over a 18 month period. No drugs just diet and exercise. I am trying to lose 10 lbs before Christmas and I workout for an 1 hour a day, 6 days a week but I cannot get the eating under control. So, I have lost no weight. I am doing better but stress eating is my downfall. So, I guess the reason I am writing this is I need advice.

2 comments:

TravelinGranny said...

YOU ARE YOUR ONLY CHANCE!
If you want to get skinny, you can only rely on yourself.

If you can't take one more day of self-loathing, you're ready to hear the truth: You cannot keep shoveling the same crap into your mouth every day and expect to lose weight.

The first thing that you need to do is give up your bad eating habits. You cannot keep eating the same shit and expect to get skinny.

Unless you are from Mars, you've heard about the "eight glasses of water a day" thing. Water if vital for keeping your body clean and detoxified.

We know junk food is impossible to resist, but no one ever got skinny on junk food. Junk food will pitch a tent on your hips and camp out all year.
___________________
the above is from "Skinny Bitch" book.
TOUGH LOVE from Kathi: I know how hard it is to make yourself accountable for what is going into your mouth. You can't stop yourself from stress eating, so I guess you just don't want it bad enough. You can't keep eating the way that you do and expect to lose weight.

MY RECOMMENDATION:
Read the ingredients. If they are healthy, wholesome and pure--dive in. If there is refined sugar, white or bleached flour, hydrogenated oils, any animal products, artificial anything, or some scary-looking word that you don't know--don't eat it.

TravelinGranny said...

The Banana diet plan is simple: Eat only fresh bananas for breakfast or brunch with sips of lukewarm water, enjoy a normal lunch, afternoon snack and dinner - no desserts - before 8 p.m. and be in bed before midnight. Exercise is optional.